How to Clean Your Hot Tub
As a hot tub owner, you probably understand the utmost importance of cleaning your hot tub and taking care of it on a very regular basis. The better you tend to your prized hot tub, the longer it will last and the better it will operate on a long-term basis. When it comes to the weekly, monthly, and yearly cleaning routines, it’s very important that everything is done carefully and properly. Cleaning your hot tub improperly or with the wrong products could result in a safety issue for you, your family, and anyone else who wants to go for a soak. Read on to find out more about how to clean your hot tub.
Hot Tub Repairs
There are many instances when you might actually need to perform some repairs on your hot tub. In that case, it is highly advisable to hire a professional to help you troubleshoot and pinpoint issues without the shadow of a doubt.
On the other hand, there are many things that could be mistaken for damage, while in fact, they are only maintenance issues that you could easily fix without the need for expansive repairs. If you’re unsure what the best route to take with your hot tub is, it may be in your best interest to schedule hot tub service.
Step-by-Step Hot Tub Cleaning Instructions
Maintaining your hot tub might require a little bit of time and discipline, but it’s not hard. If you follow the next steps, you will be able to regularly take care of your hot tub without any hassle.
- Skim the surface of the water with a net, to eliminate leaves, bugs and other debris
- Rinse your filters with water regularly, and do some deep cleaning once every few weeks, keeping in mind that the frequency largely depends on how often you use your hot tub
- Test the chemistry of your water frequently for hardness and acidity, as off-the-charts levels might affect the health of your water
- Correct and maintain the balance of the water by purchasing tablets and other related hot tub sanitary products.
- Each product is different, so you should ask the experts at Olympic Pools & Spas for more information about how to use specific products when purchasing them. Most products are geared towards weekly or monthly cleaning cycles
- Aim to drain the water from your hot tub completely about three to four times a year. Once the hot tub water is drained, do a complete cleaning of the hot tub. This includes rinsing the filters, using a cloth and cleaning products to wipe it down, and refilling it with clean water
- When cleaning your hot tub and related components, make sure to avoid using products such as household and automotive chemicals, which are not suitable for the purpose and could potentially damage your hot tub and even pose significant health risks.
- Make sure to use your hot tub covers when the tub is not in use, not only to keep you hot tub cleaner, but also to preserve the temperature of the water and use less energy
Sundance® Spas Hot Tubs
Sundance® Spas are well-known for their painstaking attention to detail, state-of-the-art features, and competitive rates. These spas and hot tubs represent significant leaps forward in the industry, as the company never ceases to stay competitive, year after year.
For additional information, feel free to get in touch with Olympic Pools & Spas. We’d be happy help you explore hot tubs for sale in Houston, or request hot tub service if you’re experiencing some issues.